As I discussed in my post on automated article distribution systems, content distribution is the best way to build backlinks. That is why the best blog distribution network is not cheap. It works and it works really, really well. The price also keeps out the weak content which helps the network maintain its value.
The next best article distribution method is syndicating your articles to article directories and web 2.0 sites. The article quality standards (if they have any) at theses sites are lower so the quality of the content is lower which makes backlinks from these sites less valuable.
These sites are still a valuable part of a solid backlink strategy because any link is better than no link at all and these sites provide link diversity for search engines. Best of all it is free to post articles to these sites. There are programs that automate the process and they are tremendous bargain. For instance, the best automated article distribution system will set up and verify accounts and distribute unique versions of your content to thousands of article directories at the push of a button. All for the price of about one-month’s membership to a top blog distribution network.
Many people prefer to post their content to the top article directories by hand. This is so they can make sure the articles posted there are top quality, are formatted properly, etc. Besides, many of the article directory programs do not submit to some of the top article directories.
Semi-Automated Article Distribution System
Below is a method to semi-automate the distribution of your articles to article directories and web 2.0 sites:
- Export unique versions of your article from your article spinner to .txt files
- Set up accounts at the 10-20 of the top article directories and/or web 2.0 sites
- Use LastPass or RoboForm to save your log-in information to these sites – this makes it easy to have separate accounts for different authors, brands, clients or companies
- Open each site in a separate tab in Firefox
- Use Session Manager to save those sites in a session (this allows you to open all the sites you want to post your content to with a couple mouse clicks)
- Open as many unique versions of your article from the .txt files as there are sites you want to post to
- Copy and past an article to each site and submit it
This method can help distribute your content to other sites like: