The absolute number one factor in SEO is content. In the long run, good content will beat any strategy to “game” or “beat” the search engines and will survive algorithm changes, technology changes social media changes.
Page one rankings are great but top three rankings should be the goal of a search engine optimization strategy. The top three rankings get 70% of the clicks with the #1 ranked spot receiving an estimated 70% of the clicks.
Fortunately, there are some SEO tools that make search engine marketing much easier and quicker. Tools that can help analyze the on page search engine optimization of a domain or web page (tip: analyzing the on page factors of top rated sites is a great way to figure out what the search engines are looking for for a search term. Tools that analyze not just the number of backlinks a domain and page have are a tremendous time saver, provide an easy way to determine how tough the competition is for a search and are very helpful in finding backlink opportunities.
SEO tools posts
- Free Versions of Premium SEO Software
- SEO Tools to Analyze Backlinks
- Free Online Directories For Local Businesses
- Helpful SEO Tools For Your Website
- Free Search Engine Spider Simulator Tools
- Free Tools to Check Google Page Rank
- Free Search Engine Ranking Results Software
- Automated SEO Software You Can Get For Free
A solid SEO strategy includes:
1. On page optimization factors
- H1 tags
- Description (meta tags and data)
- Site structure – themed (silo structure), internal links
- HTML structure (site architecture)- how easy is it for search spiders to crawl your site
- Load speed – how fast your website or blog loads
2. Off optimization page factors – basically backlinks
- Anchor text
- Location of the backlinks – within content vs. footer or sidebar, etc.
- Authority of domain the link is on
- Authority of the URL the backlink is on
- Topic or theme of the domain and URL the bacllink is on
- Naturalness of backlinks – link velocity, mix of anchor text and types (do follow and no follow, articles, videos, bookmarks, blog comments, social media)
- Social buzz – an increasing factor in search engine rankings
The combination of on page and off page factors help Google determine what your site is about and how well it will satisfy the need of the searcher.